Hello, I’m Rebecca. I started this blog to document the many recipes I have created or modified that feed just one or two people. No matter what stage of life you are in, there are so many reasons why you may sometimes need a very downsized recipe. When you are lucky enough to find yourself in such a situation, MAKE IT COUNT! No endless bowls of cereal; no eating from the same gigantic pan of lasagna every day for two weeks! Here you will find recipes for sweet, savory, sides, snacks, breakfasts and brunches that will delight you, nourish you, and help make your small table luxurious.
I began experimenting with small-portion meals a few years ago when I was diagnosed with a rare, chronic health issue that allows me to eat only small portions of food at a time. When I was finally able to face my new reality (I
love live to eat!), the first thing I began to do was try to make each little meal a bit more luxurious. A friend of mine who is diabetic shared with me that small meals are a great way for her to be able to enjoy eating the things she loves. But there are so many other reasons why you will sometimes want to make something small or something just for you…
15 Reasons Why You Sometimes Need a Recipe for One
1. Your evening plans got cancelled.
2. You want to control your portions, or avoid temptation.
3. You’re sick of bad office lunches.
4. You’re at home with a toddler/ kids are in school.
5. You hate eating leftovers all week.
6. You want to eat on your own schedule.
7. You work from home.
8. Your spouse often travels.
9. You live alone.
10. You have a health issue that requires small meals.
11. Your roommates don’t share your tastes.
12. You want to teach your teenager to cook for himself.
13. You’re an empty-nester in need of downsized recipes.
14. You’d like to take a small treat to a friend.
15. You’re hungry and dinner is still three hours away.
Don’t worry, these recipes can be doubled or generally up-sized as you need. Just measure carefully, and brush off those fraction-multiplication skills. When I cook for my husband and my daughter, I often make three or four portions. Or, if they’re lucky, I make them their own little luxurious meals-for-one. ♥